OSSEO-FAIRCHILD SCHOOL DISTRICT
Regular School Board Meeting
Monday, January 11, 2010
Middle/Senior High School Board Room - 7 p.m.
1. The meeting was called to order by President Barry Kostka.
2. Roll call indicated board members Brian Boehnen, John Elkins, Matt Hazen, Barry Kostka, Harold Mulhern and Rozanne Traczek present. Chuck Lahn was present via teleconference. Also present were Interim Superintendent Dombrowski, Principals Glocke, Fischer and Kempf, Lisa Skoyen, Dale Pocernich, Student Representative Jenna Slaughter and community residents.
3. Posting of the meeting agenda was verified.
4. A motion was made by Rozanne Traczek and seconded by John Elkins to approve the December 14, 2009, school board minutes as presented. Motion carried.
President Kostka appointed Harold Mulhern as deputy clerk in the absence of the clerk for the election.
5. A motion was made by Harold Mulhern and seconded by Matt Hazen to approve the expenditures from Check Number 69271 69418. Motion carried.
6. Public Comment
§ Brenda Hulett Food service procedural change
§ Steve Velie Coaches comments regarding the elimination of assistant principal/activities director position
§ Dan Bee Board needs to lead by example
7. Administrative Reports
A. Middle/Senior High School Mr. Glocke/Mr. Fischer: Cloverbelt Honor Band and Choir 1/16, Middle school staff would like to meet with school board members to discuss issues/concerns regarding vision, Recruiting information for Grade 6 -12 parents
B. Elementary Schools Mr. Kempf: None
C. Student Representatives Trystan Gunderson/Jenna Slaughter: None
D. District Administrator Mr. Dombrowski: Community/Staff Listening Sessions Monday, January 25, at 3:30 p.m. (Staff) and 7:00 p.m. (Community) at Fairchild Elementary School; Monday, February 1, at 3:30 p.m. (Staff) and 7:00 p.m. (Community) at Osseo Elementary School; Wednesday, February 10, at 3:30 p.m. (Staff) at the Middle/Senior High School and Monday, March 22, at 7:00 p.m. (Community) at the Middle/Senior High School to include a taste of the food service, Community Relations Board Workshop Breakout Session with Community, Administration and School Board (30 Minutes), February Finance Workshop Baird Forecasting Model with Lisa Skoyen, Food Service Revisions, Food Service Staff Development, Custodial Cleaning, Cellular (715) 514-7477, Insurance Mandates, Cluster A School Board Workshop (Augusta) February 10
President Kostka suspended the meeting rules to move into community relations workshop.
8. Board Comments
9. Committee Reports
A. Mr. Glocke reviewed the Technology Committee report and Mr. Pocernich gave a technology update. Items reviewed and discussed included: technology policies, journaling good email, staff development, social networking, new server and updating website.
10. Unfinished Business
A. A motion was made by Barry Kostka and seconded by Rozanne Traczek to rescind board action taken in executive session regarding non-renewal of assistant principal/athletic director. Motion carried.
11. New Business
A. Mr. Pocernich gave technology update during the Technology Committee Report.
B. A motion was made by Rozanne Traczek and seconded by John Elkins to approve the Memorandum of Understanding Race to the Top Program. Motion carried.
C. A motion was made by John Elkins and seconded by Rozanne Traczek to rescind the following job descriptions from school board policies as the board described: GDACB Food Service Cook, GCAK Title I (Chapter I) Teacher, GDAFB Qualifications and Duties of the Administrative Secretary, GDAFA Qualifications and Duties of the Accounting Assistant, GDACA Qualifications and Duties of the Assistant Head Cook, GGB Qualifications and Duties of the Assistant Transportation Director, GDAF Qualifications and Duties of Finance Manager, GDAFD Qualifications and Duties of the Elementary School Secretary, GDAB Qualifications and Duties of the Head Cook, GDAE Qualifications and Duties of the Head Maintenance Personnel, GDAFC Qualifications and Duties of the Junior/Senior High School Secretary, GGA Transportation Director. Motion carried. Job descriptions will be kept in the District Office. The administrator job descriptions will continue to be school board policies.
12. A motion was made by Brian Boehnen and seconded by Harold Mulhern to convene into executive session in accordance with WI Statute 19.85 (1) a) (c) at approximately 8:50 p.m. Motion carried with a roll call vote: B. Boehnen yes, J. Elkins yes, M. Hazen yes, B. Kostka yes, C. Lahn yes, H. Mulhern yes, R. Traczek yes.
A. School Board took action to reinstate one expelled student and two students were offered opportunity to work through the GED Option 2 Program.
B. School Board took action for consideration of preliminary notice of nonrenewal of Assistant Middle/Senior High School Principal/Athletic Director.
14. A motion was made by John Elkins and seconded by Rozanne Traczek to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.
Charles Lahn, Clerk